Mexican Adobo Chicken and Veggie Rice Bowl
Published: November 13 2019Quick, easy, and healthy, this Mexican Adobo Chicken and Veggie Rice Bowl is perfect for a mid-week meal and doubles as a great lunch for the next day!
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Rumi Mexican Adobo Black Cumin spice blend
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 zucchinis (or other squash), cut into half-moons
- 3-4 red and yellow bell peppers, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste, plus soy sauce if you are into fusion!
- Cooked rice or favorite prepared bowl grain
In a small bowl, toss together Rumi Mexican Adobo Black Cumin blend, salt, and diced chicken until chicken is well coated. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, tossing, until chicken is starting to lightly brown.
Add chicken broth and vinegar to skillet around chicken. Add zucchini and bell peppers. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat and let simmer uncovered until vegetables are soft and sauce starts to thicken. Serve with rice, and top with soy sauce for a tasty Latin America-meets-Asia kick.