Slow-cooker Mexican Adobo Three Bean Beef & Greens Chili
Published: January 18 2020
Difficulty: Easy - Yield: 6-8 generous servings - Time: 8 hours to 40 minutes, dependent on cooking method
If you have a New Year’s resolution of eating healthier or if you are just looking for a tasty way to escape from the cold, this Mexican Adobo Three Bean Beef and Greens Chili recipe should do the trick. Get a good dose of protein along with kale (or your green of choice) – and leave out the beef and bacon to make this chili vegetarian friendly!
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. Rumi Mexican Adobo Black Cumin blend
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 can (~14-16 oz) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (~14-16 oz) black eyed peas, drained
- 1 can (~14-16 oz) borlotti beans, drained
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes
- 1 strip thick bacon, diced
- 1 bunch kale (or other sturdy, leafy green), de-stemmed and diced
In a slow cooker, add all ingredients, stir well, and turn on the heat! If using the low setting, cook for 7-8 hours. For high heat, cook for 3-4 hours.
Stir well before serving. Recommending toppings are shredded mozzarella, queso fresco, or the classic sour cream/shredded cheddar combo.
To make this on stove-top, first brown ground beef and bacon together. Once browned, add remaining ingredients, mix well and bring to a boil!