Spice up your Meals with These Hosting Hacks
Our flavor-packed spices and blends add ease, and unrivaled flavor, to your everyday eating. From weeknight dinners to festive feasts, read on for our top tips on how to simplify mealtime with our premium, hand-harvested spices and blends.
Dress Up Your Dips
Top pre-made dips with a sprinkle of your favorite spice and instantly fool your guests into thinking they're homemade. Our favorite combos include:
- Hummus + Za’atar
- Labneh + Harissa
- Mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt + Saffron (the easiest way to make our favorite saffron aioli)
Add Ease with Meal Starters
Using our meal starter spice packets in your dinner party spreads is the easiest way to make homemade dishes with minimal effort. Some of our favorite festive variations on these classic dishes include:
Middle Eastern pickled olives
Mix up a Foolproof Marinade
Whisk together your favorite spice with olive oil and salt for a delicious marinade that goes on anything. (Note - all our spice blends are salt-free, so don't forget to add salt when making your marinade).
Our go-to pairings include:
- Spicy Harissa and sweet root veggies
- Black cumin and slow-roasted lamb
- Paella spice and heartier fish, like shrimp or swordfish
- Dill seed (or Lemon Dill Seasoned Salt) and salmon
- Smoky Cajun and grilled chicken
Pro tip: Make a double batch and fold the extra marinade into Greek yogurt or mayonnaise for a delicious dip for your finished dish. We absolutely love dipping our crisp winter squash in a zesty Harissa mayo.
Finish off with a Simple Dessert
For our favorite easy dessert, give these 3 Ingredient Baharat Spiced Donuts a try! The secret here is using canned biscuit dough. They taste as good as the ones from your favorite donut shop with minimal effort. And, the Baharat-spiced sugar finish easily brings them over the top.
Other other favorite dessert hacks include:
- Make this easy saffron simple syrup and pour over ice cream or store-bought pound cake for an elevated version of a classic dessert.
- Add a pinch of Garam Masala or Baharat spice to store-bought chocolate sauce for an elevated sundae topper.
- Add a pinch of floral saffron threads to your favorite vanilla cake mix (or frosting) for a decadent cake with a golden hue.
Have another favorite way to spice up your meals with Rumi? Let us know here!
We can’t wait to see what you whip up. Happy hosting and happy cooking,
The Rumi Spice Team