Wild Black Cumin - Whole Seed - 2.1oz
Rumi Cumin is grown wild along the foothills of the Hindu Kush mountains in Afghanistan. The intoxicating and aromatic Wild Black Cumin will take you on a culinary journey from healthy taco salads to cumin & blood orange roasted chicken thighs.
Now available in whole seed, you can use it whole or grind our popular Wild Black Cumin to your desired consistency and unlock its sharp earthy and piney aroma and flavors. Indigenous to the Old Persian Empire, the black cumin variety is less well know outside of the Middle East.
Hand harvested by women and men in the mountain villages, this is another way we are furthering our social mission to provide economic development through the creation of additional agricultural jobs.
All of our spices and seasonings are salt-free and carefully packaged to ensure maximum quality and freshness. Packaged in glass - BPA free.
Rumi Spice black cumin (whole)
- Grind it using a mortar & pestle or toast it in hot oil
- Season meats like beef, poultry, pork, and seafood
- Add it to curries, stews, soups, sauces, and salad dressings
- Season vegetables like jicama, potatoes, carrots, and squash
- Season grains and legumes like rice, beans, chickpeas, and lentils