Ultimate Rumi Gift Box
For a limited time, this product includes our Premium Saffron Gummies as a free gift to you!
A special and unique gift for any occasion. Bring home the most exotic spice in the world, and help cultivate peace. Each purchase contributes towards a more stable, peaceful Afghanistan.
The Ultimate Rumi Gift Box includes:
- A classic 2-gram premium Afghan saffron in glass gift bottle
- Saffron + Green Tea Kit: 100% certified organic looseleaf pinhead gunpowder green tea with one gram of Afghan saffron threads
- Full-color recipe booklet with instructions on using saffron in ten savory and sweet recipes
- Cream-paper inscription of "Thank You" in Dari.
- The option to write a personalized note for free!
Non-GMO, gluten free, & vegan. No preservatives or additives.
100% certified organic looseleaf Pinhead Gunpowder Green Tea
One gram of our premium, Category I Afghan saffron threads
With the aroma and flavor profile of Rumi Spice saffron, you only need 8-12 threads when cooking rice or risotto for two. The amount of saffron varies by recipe, but a healthy pinch of saffron is a solid benchmark.
Add warm (not boiling) water to the saffron threads in a small dish. A few tablespoons of water is enough. You should see a golden hue begin to emerge in the water. Let the threads soak in water for 5-10 minutes, ideally up to 20 minutes.
After the saffron is finished steeping, you may add the saffron and liquid to whatever you're cooking, such as risotto, paella, or soup. If making a dish or sauce requiring wine, infuse the saffron directly in wine. The compounds are drawn out even further, and the flavor profile is more pronounced.
Another way to bring out the full flavor profile of saffron is to crush the threads with a mortar and pestle to a powder-like consistency. We suggest this for non-liquid recipes or baking, like when making saffron cookies or cake.