- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 ripe large banana (or 2 small ripe bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Large pinch of Rumi saffron
- Small pat of butter
- In a large bowl, mix together baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Once mixed, form a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, mash banana with fork. Add eggs and mix together.
- In another small bowl, mix together juice of lemon, saffron, and milk. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour milk mixture and banana mixture into flour well and mix until smooth. A whisk might help, but a fork will do.
- Add butter to griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
Brown on both sides and serve hot with your choice or syrup or jam (we used raspberry jam and chopped almonds!)
By clicking enter you are verifying that you are old enough to consume alcohol.