Tomato Bisque with Herati Coriander
This simple & quick tomato bisque recipe accented with Rumi Spice’s Herati Coriander seeds is the perfect dish for a cozy evening indoors.
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Cook Time:||15 minutes|
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 1 tsp Rumi Spice Herati Coriander, crushed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Using a mortar & pestle or spice grinder, crush the Herati Coriander and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat garlic in butter over low heat until it is fragrant.
- Stir in flour and add chicken broth.
- Stir in tomato paste and crushed coriander (reserve 1 tsp of crushed coriander for garnish)
- Increase heat to medium-high, bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in half-and-half.
- Sprinkle cracked pepper on top along with extra coriander and chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve with toasted bread or grilled cheese.