Instant Pot Barbacoa Tacos
For 4-6 servings:
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or avocado oil
- 2 ½ pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ lime, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried chipotle pepper
- 2 Tbsp Rumi Southwest Chili blend
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
Garnishes for serving: Queso fresco Soft tortillas (corn or flour) Diced tomatoes Pickled red onions (we like Bon Appetit’s quick pickled onion recipe)
- Turn Instant pot to Saute. Add oil and wait until the display reads Hot.
- While it is heating up, whisk together: vinegar, lime juice, chicken broth, garlic, chipotle pepper, cloves, salt, pepper and Rumi Southwest Chili blend in a bowl.
- Remove large piece of fat from beef and cut into large chunks, about two inches square.
- Saute beef in oil and turn until all sides are brown, approximately 8 minutes.
- Pour vinegar mixture into pot. Be careful while pouring as liquid may splash and steam slightly.
- Top with bay leaves and stir to combine with liquid.
- Close and lock the lid of the pot. Set valve to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook on level High. Set time for 30 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, all the pressure to release naturally, about 20 minutes.
- Unlock lid and remove. Place beef pieces on a large cutting board and shred with two forks. Place in serving bowl and pour some of the liquid from pot onto beef.
- Serve in tortillas and top with optional garnishes.
By clicking enter you are verifying that you are old enough to consume alcohol.