This 10-minute Naan pizza recipe, topped with Rumi Spice's whole fennel, Italian sausage, & onions, is the perfect recipe idea for a weeknight meal.
|Cook Time:||10 minutes|
- 2 pieces naan bread
- (Alternate) Or other flatbreads like pita
- 1 cup marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- ⅓ lb of ground Italian sausage
- (Alternate) 2 links of Italian sausage (removed from casing)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Rumi Whole Seed Fennel
- ¼ white onion, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove casings if using Italian sausage links.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add oil and add Italian sausage.
- Heat until sausage gets slightly browned then remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, toast whole fennel seeds in the oil until seeds turn brown. Remove and set aside.
- Assemble pizzas by layering naan with marinara sauce, cheese and sausage.
- Top with toasted fennel and onions.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted and starting to bubble. Serve warm.