Slow Cooker Chili
Published: January 10 2020
Difficulty: Easy - Yield: 6 generous servings - Time: up to 8 hours
One of the best parts of cold weather is getting back to chili season. Whether you are getting ready for a chili cook off (in which case, be ready to win), or just wanting a quick and healthy dinner, this chili recipe will make you ready and willing to face the cold.
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef (or protein of choice)
- 3 Tbsp. Rumi Southwest Chili Black Cumin blend
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3-4 yellow and green bell peppers, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 large can (15.5-16 oz) red kidney beans
- 1 can (15.5-16 oz) black beans
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
In a slow cooker, add all ingredients, stir well, and turn on the heat! If using the low setting, cook for 7-8 hours. For high heat, cook for 5-6 hours. Stir well before serving. Top with shredded cheddar, chives, sour cream, corn chips…chili goes with everything!
To make this on stove-top, simply add all ingredients, mixing well and bring to a boil!