Patti’s White Bean Chicken Chili Verde
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 can white (Cannellini) beans, drained (14.5 ounces)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cans green chilis (4.5 ounces)
- 2 cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Rumi Southwest Chili spice blend
- 1/2 Fresh Lime
- Optional: sour cream, sliced avocado, cheddar cheese, & flat leaf parsley
- Place the chopped onion and minced garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken breast and Chili spice blend.
- Add green chills (with liquid) and drained white beans.
- Pour the chicken broth over all the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. (Check chicken for doneness).
- Remove the chicken breast from the pot and shred, add the chicken back to the slow cooker.
- Add two cups of beans and liquid mixture to a blender or food processor and pulse five times. Return to slow cooker.
- Squeeze lime juice into the soup and season to taste with salt and pepper, stir, and let simmer an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, sliced avocado, cheddar cheese and flat leaf parsley if desired.
By clicking enter you are verifying that you are old enough to consume alcohol.