Looking for an easy, light recipe that’s healthy and low carb? Check out this amazing recipe from Kate S. Lyon for a roasted eggplant seasoned with Rumi’s baharat blend. Not only does it look beautiful plated with cherry tomatoes, yogurt, & fresh parsley – it tastes just as good as it looks.
|Prep Time:||10 minutes
- 2 large eggplants
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2–3 Tbsp Rumi Baharat blend
- Peel and zest of 1 lemon(or lime)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4–5 Tbsp Greek yogurt (or coconut cream for paleo, vegan)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise and score the insides in a crosshatch pattern. Place on the baking sheet and brush with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and cook onion and for about 10 minutes until golden. Add garlic, pepper, and baharat and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Place cooked eggplant on a serving plate and top with onion mixture and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with lemon mixture and top with a dollop of Greek yogurt (or coconut cream) and chopped parsley.
For more great paleo/keto recipes - check out Kate S. Lyons blog HERE.