Dill Seed Sour Cream Biscuits
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
These delightfully moist, super simple biscuits come together with just sour cream and a few household staples. The addition of Rumi Spice NEW Dill Seeds adds bright, herbaceous notes, keeping you coming back for more. Spread them with butter, top with a fried egg, or try some jam for a surprisingly delicious sweet & salty combination. Maximum flavor, minimal effort. Now that’s a win every time. For a more traditional recipe, we also love this one from Food & Wine.Author:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Rumi Spice Dill Seed
- 2 Tbsp salted butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in the sour cream and dill seed until combined. If necessary, mix the dough using your hands until it comes together to form a soft ball.
- For drop biscuits, use a large ice cream scoop to scoop rounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Or, use a 3-inch round cookie cutter to cut out rounds of dough. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with melted butter and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes, until lightly browned on the top and cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.