Grilled Harissa Cauliflower Steaks
- 2 large heads of cauliflower
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Rumi Harissa spice blend
½ tsp Rumi Wild Black Cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
Remove the outer leaves from each head of cauliflower. Cut off the bottom stem creating a flat base. Stand the cauliflower up on a cutting board and carefully slice into 1-inch thick “steaks.”
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, juice and zest of one lemon (about 2 tsp zest and 3 Tbsp juice), garlic, honey, Harissa, Black Cumin, and salt until well combined. Slice the remaining lemon into wedges for serving.
Heat a grill to medium/medium-high (about 400 degrees F). Brush one side of each cauliflower steak with the harissa marinade and place on the hot grill, marinated-side down.
- Brush the remaining side liberally with your harissa marinade.
Cover the grill and let cook for 6-8 minutes, until the bottom is beginning to char. Flip the cauliflower, cover, and continue cooking for about 6-8 minutes more, until well charred on the other side and tender.
- If your cauliflower is still too firm, reduce the heat to low and continue grilling, covered, until the cauliflower is cooked through to your liking. Remove from the grill and drizzle with any extra harissa marinade.
Top with pomegranate seeds, pistachios, and fresh cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges.