Saffron Herb Pistachio Rice
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 1/3 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp saffron threads
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins soaked in lemon juice for half an hour
- 1 oz fresh dill
- 1/2 oz fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup toasted coarsely chopped pistachios
- Melt the butter, coat the rice, then add the boiling water, saffron, salt and pepper, and steam with lid tightly on low heat for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool and break apart rice grains. Chop all the herbs and add just before serving with the raisins.
- Mix well then sprinkle pistachios on top. Enjoy!
By clicking enter you are verifying that you are old enough to consume alcohol.