Sweet & Spicy Berbere Dark Chocolate Bark
Published: February 09 2020
- 1 lb dark chocolate morsels (60-70% cacao)
- 1 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 Tbsp Rumi's Ethiopian Berbere Spice Blend
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water, heat the dark chocolate, stirring occasionally, until it is two-thirds melted. Do not let the bowl touch the water.
- Remove bowl from saucepan and stir chocolate until it is completely melted.
- Spread chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet in a 1/2 inch thick layer.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds into the chocolate layer and lightly press them into the chocolate using your hands.
- Evenly sprinkle chocolate with Ethiopian Berbere and sea salt.
- Refrigerate chocolate bark for about 10 minutes, until hardened.
- Remove bark from parchment paper and break into pieces and store or serve.
- You may store in an airtight bag or container for about 10 days.