Toasted Fennel Garlic Knots
An easy-to-bake, classic side or snack topped with toasted Rumi Wild Afghan Fennel. The flavor combination of rich garlic and the sweet anise of fennel seeds makes this dish the perfect complement to pasta & Italian dishes.
|Prep Time:||5 minutes
- 14 oz pizza dough
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Rumi Whole Seed Fennel
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roll out pizza dough flat and cut into 4 rectangles (about ½ inch thickness).
- Cut each rectangle into 4 strips. Tie each strip into a knot and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl melt butter and stir in garlic, fennel and salt.
- Remove knots from oven and brush each knot with melted butter mixture.
- Place back in the oven and bake another few minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Brush with more butter, if desired.