This Farmhouse salad recipe with fennel vinaigrette is simple to make from scratch. You’re going to love the crunch of fresh vegetables combined with the tangy & mild anise flavor of the fennel seed dressing.
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Cook Time:||10 minutes|
- 2 romaine hearts, sliced in half
- ¼ red onion, sliced thin
- ½ avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup heirloom grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of Kalamata olives, pitted & halved
- ¼ cup edamame seeds
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 2 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Rumi Spice fennel, crushed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Cut romaine hearts in half lengthwise and separate leaves.
- Thinly slice radishes & red onion into 1/8 inch slices.
- Halve grape tomatoes and Kalamata olives.
- Slice and quarter Persian cucumbers.
- Pit and slice avocados lengthwise into ½ inch slices.
- Using a knife, chop uncooked bacon strips into 1/4 inch bits. In a small saucepan over medium heat, fry until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Place the halved romaine hearts on a platter. Arrange the rest of the toppings on top.
- In medium-low heat, toast fennel on a dry frying pan. Remove from heat after the seeds turn brown. Using a mortar & pestle or spice grinder, crush the fennel and set aside.
- In a jar with a lid, add vinaigrette ingredients and shake vigorously until combined. Pour over salad and enjoy!