This roasted Mahi Mahi recipe baked over Italian tomatoes & leeks and topped with toasted wild fennel is the perfect recipe to impress your guests without a lot of effort.
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Cook Time:||25 minutes|
- 2 Mahi Mahi filets
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Rumi Whole Seed Fennel
- 2 leeks, white part sliced and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz crushed tomatoes, Italian
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- On a small plate, rub the mahi mahi filets with lemon juice & 1 Tbsp of olive oil, then season both sides with salt & pepper.
- Refrigerate the mahi mahi as you work on the next step three steps.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large (oven-safe) skillet over medium heat.
- Add in leeks and garlic. Sauté until leeks begin to soften.
- Stir in tomatoes and wait until it is evenly heated through.
- Add fish to the top of the tomato leek mixture & sprinkle fennel seeds over it.
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes.
- Fish is done when it is tender and flaky (Internal temperature of 137F).
Season with chopped parsley and serve.