This cocktail is one of our favorites for a Friday afternoon – the Saffron Whiskey Smash. If you don’t have a muddler, use the handle of a wooden spoon.
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Cook Time:||5 minutes|
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 7 medium or large mint leaves
- 1 oz Rumi Spice Saffron Simple Syrup
- 2 oz bourbon
- Mint leaf and slice of lemon for garnish
- Muddle 3 of the lemon quarters in the bottom of a cocktail shaker (about 10 or so strong muddles).
- Add mint leaves and muddle a few more times. Add the bourbon and simple syrup.
- Fill the shaker with at least six ice cubes and shake for about 15 seconds.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and lemon slice.