Chicken Scallopine with Saffron Cream Sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken cutlets
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp saffron threads (immerse in hot water for 5 minutes before adding to sauce)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Boil 1/4 cup of water and pour over saffron threads in small container; let them soak for 5-10 minutes until a vibrant yellow color is apparent.
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken until golden and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Turn the heat to medium. Add the shallots and garlic - cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Using a wooden spoon, scrape all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine is almost evaporated.
- Add the chicken broth and saffron threads with water, bring to a simmer and reduce for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and simmer for 1 minute to blend the flavors. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
By clicking enter you are verifying that you are old enough to consume alcohol.