Kabul Piquant Spiced Whole Roasted Cauliflower
For the cauliflower:
- 1 large head cauliflower
- Kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp sunflower or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Rumi Kabul Piquant Chicken Blend
For the citrusy basil aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Rumi Kabul Piquant Chicken Blend
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- Microgreens or fresh arugula for serving (optional)
- Fill a large pot halfway up with hot water. Set it on the stove, on high heat, to boil. Season with a large pinch (about 1 Tablespoon) of salt.
- Once the water is boiling, drop in the whole head of cauliflower.
- Let boil, flipping once halfway through, until lightly tender, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain the cauliflower and pat dry. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and 1 Tbsp each Rumi Kabul Piquant spice blend and kosher salt. Rub cauliflower all over with Kabul Piquant marinade until well coated.
- Place the head of cauliflower on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Transfer to the oven, uncovered, and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the cauliflower is nicely browned on the outside and tender on the inside. If desired, turn the oven to broil and broil on the upper oven rack to achieve an extra-crispy exterior.
- Meanwhile, as your cauliflower roasts, make your citrusy basil aioli: Add all aioli ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. If desired, add in a few drops of olive oil until your sauce reaches desired smooth and creamy consistency.
- Serve roasted cauliflower on a bed of greens. Top with more fresh basil and serve with citrusy aioli for dipping.