Take a trip down south from Moscow to India with this variation of the classic cocktail - the Mumbai Mule. Learn how to craft this delicious cocktail from scratch - including spiced ginger simple syrup.
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Cook Time:||5 minutes|
Ginger simple syrup
- 2 tsp Rumi Spice Herati Coriander, whole seed
- ½ tsp Rumi Spice Wild Black Cumin, whole seed
- 2 pinches of Rumi Spice Saffron, threads
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup ginger. chopped
- 1 ½ oz vodka
- ½ oz lemon juice
- ¾ oz spiced ginger simple syrup
- ½ cup ginger beer
- Spring of mint and wedge of lime for garnish
Spiced ginger simple syrup
- Using a small pan, lightly toast the saffron, cumin, and coriander over medium-low heat. Remove from heat as seeds start to brown - less than 30 seconds.
- Mix the water and sugar in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place the spices, chopped ginger, sugar water into a blender and blend until smooth. Strain into a container and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pour vodka, spiced ginger simple syrup, lemon juice, and ginger beer into a copper cup. Add ice cubes and stir.
- Garnish with mint and lime, and serve.
Recipe adapted from The Mumbai Mule: Recipe and How You Make It (www.paykocimports.com 2017)