Spice up oven-roasted sweet potatoes with this healthy sheet pan recipe featuring Rumi Spice's Ethiopian Berbere Blend. The spicy and peppery berbere complements the sweet potato's honey taste for a flavorful twist to this delicious side dish.
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Cook Time:||35 minutes|
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Rumi Spice Black Cumin
- 1 ½ Tbsp Rumi Spice Berbere Blend
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Wash and peel each sweet potato. Slice into wedges, then cut each wedge into chunks about 1-2 inches in length.
- If using whole cumin, coarsely grind it in a mortar & pestle or spice grinder.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sweet potato chunks, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, honey, cumin, and berbere blend until evenly coated.
- Spread the seasoned chunks onto a baking sheet. Make sure the sweet potatoes are spread out evenly and not on top of each other.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, then flip each piece. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until you can easily pierce with a fork.
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro.