Did you know macaroons were first created by Italian monks during the 9th century? Now, you can make your own coconut macaroons with a touch of elegance using Rumi’s premium Afghan saffron threads.
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Cook Time:||10 minutes|
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp Rumi Saffron threads, crushed
- Grind saffron threads.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and saffron threads in a large bowl.
- Add coconut and mix well.
- Using a spoon, drop onto a greased baking sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until its edges are delicately brown.
- Remove immediately from the sheet and place on wax paper to cool.