- 12 oz spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp Rumi saffron
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmigiano cheese grated Parmigiano cheese, to garnish
- In a large no-stick frying pan, heat the butter with the onion. Sautè, stirring, for 3 minutes on medium heat, until onion is soft and translucent.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in boiling water for 1/2 minute, just long enough so spaghetti is softer, and you are able to bend them.
- Drain and place spaghetti in pan with the onion. Stir to season spaghetti as much as possible.
- Add a ladle or two of stock and cook over high heat until it’s completely absorbed.
- Add the saffron in a ladleful of stock and stir it. Then add it to spaghetti and cook until absorbed.
- When you think spaghetti is cooked, add grated Parmigiano cheese and stir. Serve hot with the addition of ground black pepper.
Recipe adapted from recipesfromitaly.com
By clicking enter you are verifying that you are old enough to consume alcohol.