Hearty Saffron Vegetable Soup
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- A healthy bunch of Kale
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 2 Leeks, sliced. White and light green parts only.
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 15 oz can Chickpeas, drained
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 14.5 oz can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 cups Vegetable Broth
- Big pinch Rumi saffron, the bigger the pinch the more beautiful the flavor
- 1/3 cup Quinoa
1. Add Oil to heated Dutch Oven.
2. Once oil is shimmering, add in diced carrots, celery, and leeks. Sauté until translucent and be careful not to caramelize.
3. Add in diced peppers, chickpeas, and chopped kale. Sauté until kale has wilted.
4. Add in garlic paste and tomatoes. Sauté for 2-3 minutes and heavily season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour enough broth to cover vegetables, stir and scrap off sides- making sure vegetables aren’t sticking to the Dutch oven.
7. Bring soup to a simmer, cover and gently simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Taste test and adjust salt, pepper and saffron.
More of a visual learner? Let Chef Sana guide the way!