For the pork:
- 3 lbs. boneless pork butt
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup real maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 12oz Pilsner style beer
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp Rumi Spice Paella blend
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
For the slaw:
- 2 cups multicolor slaw mix (carrots, cabbage, broccoli)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
8-10 Buns or tortillas, to serve (optional)
- Add all of the pork ingredients to your slow cooker pot, and massage in the pork until all of the flavors have mixed up nicely.
- Set on high for 6-8 hours, and come back to it when it’s ready.
- When it’s cooked through until tender, take the pork butt out, pull the meat and place it into a bowl with some of the cooking juices so it can stay moist.
- In a medium bowl, add all the slaw ingredients and mix.
- Serve immediately on a plate, in a bun or a tortilla with the pulled pork and enjoy!