This delectable avocado toast recipe is topped with Rumi Spice’s fragrant & crunchy toasted whole coriander, black cumin, & fennel. Enjoy the sweet, citrus, & nutty flavor of the spices combined with the juicy tanginess of heirloom tomatoes and the buttery ripe avocado spread on sourdough bread. The best part of all – it only takes 15 minutes to prepare restaurant-quality avocado toast at home.
|Prep Time:||5 minutes
- 2 slices sourdough bread (or any type of crusty bread)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, pitted with skins removed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp kosher salt, separated
- Heirloom tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 tsp Rumi Spice Whole Seed Coriander
- 1 tsp Rumi Spice Whole Seed Black Cumin
- 1 tsp Rumi Spice Whole Seed Fennel
- In medium-low heat, toast whole cumin, coriander, & fennel on a dry frying pan. Remove from heat after the seeds turn brown and set aside.
- In a skillet or pan, heat butter until melted.
- Add sliced bread and brown on both sides then set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine avocado, lemon juice and one teaspoon of the salt. Mash together until creamy. Top each bread slice with mashed avocado then top with tomatoes, spices, and remaining salt.
- Slice in half and serve.