Spicy Flank Steak Stir Fry
Learn how to cook spicy & tender flank steak stir fry with our easy & simple recipe. The blend of fiery red pepper flakes and Rumi Spice’s black cumin & coriander create a unique flavor that you will enjoy at home.
|Prep Time:||25 minutes|
|Cook Time:||20 minutes|
- 1 lb flank steak
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 green onion, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- ½ white onion, sliced and chopped
- 2 tsp tapioca flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Rumi Spice Herati Coriander, coarsely ground
- 1 ½ tsp Rumi Spice Wild Black Cumin, ground
- Serve with brown or white rice
- Using a mortar & pestle or spice grinder, coarse grind the whole coriander & finely grind if using whole cumin.
- Tenderize the flank steak with a mallet on a cutting board until it is ½ inch thick. Then slice the beef into 2-inch pieces.
- Place the steak pieces in a bowl and add sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, black pepper, and tapioca flour. Mix well and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Working in batches, sear the steak pieces on the wok until each piece is browned on both sides. Set beef aside.
- Add additional vegetable oil (if needed) to the wok—mix in onions, red pepper flakes, cracked coriander, & ground cumin. Sauté until onions are softened.
- Add garlic, rice vinegar, and green onions and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in beef and cook until it heats through.
- Serve with white or brown rice.